Friday, January 4, 2008

All settled in…sort of…

It has been two weeks now since we moved. I think we have everything pretty much in order. It has been a little crazy but we have been amazed at the help and support that we have felt both from family and friends before we left Las Vegas and immediately upon arriving in our new home. So we have to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who showed up to help us move, sent us warm wishes and then came to move us in and make sure we felt welcome. We already had the Bishop and Elders Quorum visit us just three days after the first time we attended church. Is that a record?

Chris has also started his new job. This is his third day. It is quite different then his previous job but he thinks he will learn a lot. We also got his test results from the P.E. and HE PASSED. YEAH! I never doubted he would. He is so smart. Now we just have to wait the required time (another year or so) and he will officially be called an Engineer…it’s only taken 9 years!

Despite the move, I think the kids had a great Christmas. They are absolutely thrilled to live closer to their cousins and grandparents. They are still unsure how much they like the cold. Today it is extremely windy…Austin keeps mentioning that a tree is going to fall on our house. I had to reassure him twice that we don’t live close enough to any trees for that to happen. But they do love being pulled on the sled by Grandpa Carter’s 4-wheeler. Here are some pictures of the last two weeks. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!





1 comment:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I'm so glad you're settled in enough to post again! I've missed your updates! Keep in touch!