While living in Las Vegas one goal Chris and I had was to eat at a different place every time we got to eat out. We were able to accomplish this most of the time but there were a couple of places that we would always go back to.
#1 Roberto's Taco Shop (also known as Faustos in Henderson)- Best Steak Fries (they were on our speed dial)
#2 POP's - Best Philly Cheese Steak
#3 Rec Centers - As a family we were able to take at least a dozen different classes for really cheap prices. Austin took swimming, Art, tumbling, and Tae Kwon Do. It was awesome and definitely something I will miss.
#4 Peter Piper Pizza (I know this is the third food place but it wasn't for the food) We loved going to Peter Piper Pizza because it has a roller coaster for the kids and lots of games and even a simulated motion ride plus pizza all for relatively cheap. You could spend endless hours of fun there and Mom and Dad loved having it available to help the kids "earn" a chance to go.
#5 Water Parks - Being that Vegas is in the dessert and it is very (no - extremely) hot in the summer the parks have water toys for the kids. LOOOOVE ITTTT!!! It is really the only way you can be outside for longer then 15 (maybe 10) min.
Here is another fun park the kids like to go to.
#6 Our backyard - I loved walking down my stairs into my kitchen and the first thing I would see every morning is my green "Hawaiian like" backyard. It was so pleasant and relaxing to sit back there. Plus we had an apricot tree...oh how I will miss our sweet, juicy and fresh apricots. We loved making jam, pies, crepes, syrups, etc with all the apricots we got. I don't think you can even grow apricot trees where we are going. :(
#7 Our neighbors house - For any of you who have been to our house you know first hand the smile and the "What were they thinking?" look that comes to mind. It was kind of humorous to look at after awhile and provided a good laugh every once and a while. Plus it was a great landmark to tell people where our house was..."we live next to the glow in the dark florescent green house..."
#8 The Elementary School - We are zoned for the best school in the district...probably all of Nevada. I actually heard a rumor that it was featured on the Today Show because is has this amazing micro society. Here are some pics of "Going to Town Night" where the kids get to spend all their hard earned "Gold" at all the different stores. Each class has a different business that they run. They have to get a business license, advertise, sell, etc. It is such a great idea and the kids love it and learn a lot from it. Austin's class ran a Movie Theatre. They sold tickets and popcorn.
Here is Allie buying a book at the "book store."
And here are the kids getting their picture taken with Santa Claus at another "store".
1 comment:
I hope you Christmas was wonderful and you're getting all settled in at the new place. We miss you already!
Post a Comment