Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cupcakes!

I saw these cute Valentine cupcakes in a newsletter I get from Familyfun.com. I thought the kids would enjoy making them and they looked easy enough. We were having our monthly DeMille dinner on Monday night so I decided that we would make them and bring them that night so I didn't get stuck eating them all. There is over 30 DeMille's so I had to double the recipe. That didn't seem too hard, right? I didn't really calculate until the cupcakes were in the oven that would mean that I would have to actually decorate 48 cupcakes. I thought, no problem...the kids will decorate maybe 5-10 each and then that will leave me about 20-30 to decorate by myself. Well,my kids only decorated 1 each...just enough for them to eat. That left me with 46 to decorate! Half way through decorating them the family night dinner was cancelled because half of them were sick. Now that left me with 46 cupcakes to eat! Not good! Did I mention that the kids had also made Valentine candy bags for their 12 cousins. We could NOT keep all this sugar in the house! Since it was FHE night anyway, we decided to deliver the cupcakes to all the family members anyway and talked about service, etc. It ended up turning out ok but, needless to say, I am "cupcaked-out!"







3 comments:

Kristie Young said...

Video on the blog. Ok, you should see two icons when you post a blog. The picture icon and then next to it is the video one. Click on it and then you can post a video from your computer just like you would a picture. You do it on the actual post. I looked at the side bar video stuff and couldn't figure that out either. I hope this makes sense. Good luck. Sorry it took so long to respond. Kristie

Micheles Storybook said...

You can bring me some cupcakes, they look so good.

Amme said...

That looks like so much fun! Doesn't that magazine have the greatest ideas? You always make the best desserts. I miss all the great stuff you used to bring over, my long lost VT. I hope you know we miss you here in Vegas but you guys look so happy!