Friday, February 22, 2008

Flashback Friday

My friend Rebecca does Flashback Fridays on her blog and I was telling her how much I liked the idea. I also mentioned to her that my flashback to the 90s couldn't possibly compete with her 80's. Who doesn't just love the 80s? But she encouraged me to post anyway so here goes.

This first flashback is going out to my best friend, Michele. We have been friends for approximately 22ish years. We met in Girl Scouts when we were about 6 or 7 and have been friends ever since. We were inseparable for the first 10 years until my family moved to Utah. I remember when I was 10, my family actually moved about 20 min away from hers but we would still make our parents drive us to each others house every weekend so we could have sleepovers. We would usually end up staying the whole weekend. We made prank-calls, called the radio station to see if we could get on, had food fights, talked about boys, played games, had make-overs, and a million other girly things. I don't think I have a memory from ages 6-14 that she wasn't a part of in some way.

Here is the first picture I have of us at about 6 years of age in 1986...I don't know why her head is cut off...I think my brother actually took this picture. He was 5 at the time.



This is us in 1991




The next two photos of us are when we graduated from HS in 1997, her from Cajon HS in CA and me from Enterprise HS in UT.

2 comments:

Micheles Storybook said...

Wow......I loved that. I so needed it. It made me cry. I still remember to this day playing games and having sleep overs. I so miss that. Love you.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I'm so glad you decided to do it! You were an adorable little freckle faced kiddo! Can't wait until next Friday!