Tuesday, November 6, 2007

101 Things About Me...

OK, so here is a common theme among my friends blogs..."101 things about me" list. I am not sure how they do it as I can only come up with about 10 off-hand. But I thought I would give it a try. This blogging thing has really helped me to reflect...(I kind of like that).


  1. I love being a SAHM.
  2. I would love to be able to cook everything from scratch every day but it seems in the world we live in it is almost impossible.
  3. I am frugal.
  4. I hate to ski (any kind - water or snow). When I water skied I couldn't get up and when I snow skied I couldn't stay up. :)
  5. I have never had a broken bone.
  6. I love to hear myself type.
  7. I love taking walks.
  8. I have never dyed my hair.
  9. I have donated over 50 inches of hair to Locks of Love.
  10. I love and am inspired by music but can't play an instrument or sing.
  11. I love Disneyland (probably more then my kids but probably not more then my husband).
  12. I have always had complete and sincere faith in my religion.
  13. I am completely lost when it comes to house decorating...
  14. and crafts...
  15. or anything creative for that matter.
  16. I actually love cleaning - it is a destresser for me especially if I can listen to music at the same time.
  17. I am very organized.
  18. I am pretty good at multitasking.
  19. I love to dance.
  20. The Play Station in our house actually belongs to me so that I can DDR.
  21. I have danced on the streets of Paris.
  22. I love working out.
  23. I love hiking and camping.
  24. I actually don't love swimming that much.
  25. I believe in love at first site.
  26. I have had the same best friend for 21 years and we haven't even lived in the same city for about 13 of those years.
  27. I love rich desserts.
  28. I love to read religious books of all kinds.
  29. I check my e-mail about 100 times a day.
  30. I don't know how you could live without the Internet.
  31. I don't know how people could live without a computer.
  32. I can't stand being pregnant, the birth or the first few weeks home but I love having children and so I will probably do it again.
  33. I don't like soda.
  34. I love WATER but still don't drink enough of it.
  35. I DO NOT like laundry. (I think that is why I don't buy a lot of clothes...less to wash)
  36. I do not like to talk on the phone...I am terrible about making or returning phone calls. I think e-mail was created FOR ME.
  37. I think I used 23 min from my cell phone last month.
  38. I was born in Henderson, NV, and lived in San Diego, CA; San Bernardino, CA; Highland, CA; Newcastle, UT; Cedar City, UT; Parowan, UT; Logan, UT and am now in Las Vegas, NV.
  39. I have a Bachelors Degree from Southern Utah University.
  40. I am a Public Educator by trade and a SAHM by choice.
  41. I think life is a big adventure so make the best of it and enjoy it!
  42. My cup is usually "overflowing."
  43. I believe that God has a plan for each of us.
  44. Although moving a lot has been difficult it has allowed me to meet many different people from different cultures/backgrounds and has given me a better appreciation and love for all of God's children.
  45. I love HOLIDAYS! YEAH for HOLIDAYS! ALL of them!
  46. I actually really like digi-scrapping.
  47. I used to collect stuffed animals and had over 200.
  48. I still sleep with my baby blanket and get mad if Chris hides it from me. :}
  49. I think if you are negative you attract even more negativity and vica-versa.
  50. My motto is "fake it till you make it"
  51. I don't really enjoy going to the movies.
  52. If I watch a movie at home I have to do something else like Sudoku or I will fall asleep or just get up and clean or eat.
  53. I love cooking for my friends and family. I feel like cooking is an expression of love.
  54. I hate shaving my legs and don't do it as often as I should. Thankfully my husband is OK with that.
  55. Purple was my favorite color for a long time but now I think I love all colors I could not really tell you which one is my favorite...red, no blue, no brown....maybe, pink!
  56. I would love to travel the world but not as a tourist as someone who actually lives in the culture.
  57. My husband has taught me a lot about "selflessness."
  58. I DON'T require a lot of sleep. I usually get about 7 hours but if I got less it would not automatically mean that I would be grouchy.
  59. I am a morning person.
  60. I believe in miracles.
  61. I have had miracles in my life.
  62. I am a passionate person.
  63. However, I don't like confrontation (these two really don't go well together so I find myself in a lot of sticky predicaments).
  64. I love my life.
  65. I believe my children were meant for me so they would teach me how to be a better person. I think that goes for pretty much everyone and that is why we are commanded to have children.
  66. I am pretty good at a lot of things but master of none. I am trying to be positive about this.
  67. I am indecisive.
  68. I don't really have a favorite food either (hence the indecisiveness). I like a lot of foods...chocolate, potatoes made any way, home-made mac-n-cheese, pizza (preferably home-made), caramel, etc.
  69. I would rather give blood then speak in public (which is why I can't give blood and have been asked to speak in sacrament about a dozen times.)
  70. I love reading magazines. (I have about 4 magazine subscriptions to cover all of the bases...parenting, family, church, life)
  71. I love being busy (most of the time).
  72. I love when my kids come and wake me up in the morning...even if it is at 5:30am.
  73. I have gone bungee jumping. (The only good part about it is that now I can say that I did it.)
  74. I like budgeting and doing finanaces and am pretty good at it.
  75. I love eating healthy but my crazy sweettooth says otherwise. I love home-baked goods and love to bake...bad combo.
  76. I am addicted to Oprah. I recite from "The Book of Oprah" (as my husband calls it) almost everyday. It is kind of sick.
  77. I have an irrational fear of spiders.
  78. Everytime I think about how much I love my children, I cry.
  79. If I could pick one place to travel it would have to be Jerusalem.
  80. I want more kids...how many more is yet to be determined.
  81. I could spend hours in a bookstore.
  82. I could not spend hours shopping for clothes however...hate it!
  83. I actually don't like shopping in general. Book shopping is relaxing though.
  84. I love playing games (board and card games, that is).
  85. I actually love going to church on Sundays and am sad when I have to miss.
  86. My husband and I are attached at the hip...we don't do much without each other. It can kind of cause problems.
  87. I have seen my ovaries, falopian tubes and uterus outside my body.
  88. I don't like change...I like my schedule just the way it is.
  89. I have always enjoyed writing but am not very good at it.
  90. I strongly believe that God knows each of us indivitually and that He speaks to us in many ways if we are watching and listening.
  91. I think I am pretty optimistic about life. However I have had times in my life where that wasn't the case and have had to practice at being optimisitc. I am getting better.
  92. My husband and I have an amazing marriage and friendship.
  93. I try to always look for the best in people.
  94. My mom is a great example of a woman and mother to me. She raised 5 children by herself and she doesn't complain.
  95. One of my goals in life is to run a half-marathon...a whole marathon would be even better.
  96. I would love to start a Charity organization. (Does that sound weird?...I am still looking for a cause that is close to my heart.)
  97. I can't whislte.
  98. I am excited about what the future holds.
  99. I actually enjoy listening to politics.
  100. Balance and Simplify is my motto...too much of a good thing can be bad.
  101. Did I say...I LOVE MY LIFE!

Wow! That was kind of hard but interesting. You should try it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, wow! You've been busy! I loved reading your 101 - I think it's fun how much we have in common! The only thing I didn't like about it is that you said you're not good at most of the things you enjoy - whatever!!