Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Allison's Baptism

Allison celebrated her 8th birthday back in September and then had the privilege of being baptized in October (on Austin's birthday).  She was so excited about being baptized especially about it being on Austin's birthday.  I don't know if Austin was.  Although he loves his sister so he didn't say anything.

It was a special day and we are so grateful that so many of our family were able to be there with us.  My sister Gail came all the way from Illinois and even dislocated her knee while on the airplane trip over.  But she never complained and we were so grateful that she could make it.

Allison with her daddy.  Asher is so funny.  When he saw them in their baptism clothes he said, "Its like karate...hi-ya, hi-ya, hi-ya."  Haha...I am not sure where he learned about karate but he was right. :)


All of our family that could make it.  Chris had four siblings and their families that could not be there.

 Allison and her daddy.

Our little family!




I think Allison actually got more gifts than Austin did on his birthday.  :(   Emma, who is Allison's best friend and cousin gave her this cute frame for her baptism along with a few other cute things.


Here is Allison on her birthday.  She picked this cake for me to make off pinterest.  Despite that fact that I messed up on this cake it still tasted awesome!

I can't believe she is 8!  It seems like just yesterday I was rocking her on the couch late into the night while watching Sweet Home Alabama.  That movie will always remind me of her as a colicky infant...not in a bad way but in a sweet, bonding kind of way.  She has grown up to be every mother's dream child.  No! She is not perfect but every single one of her teachers since Kindergarten has told me that she is one of their favorites...if that tells you anything! :)  We are so glad she is part of our family.  We love you Allie!


3 comments:

Emily said...

How is it possible that she is already 8! Where has time time gone? Your family is darling... love her white dress- so precious!

Stacy said...

Allie has a spirit about her that just makes you instantly adore her! I love love love you Miss Allison and feel sooo grateful to be your Aunt Stacy! You are growing up to FAST:*(.

Veronica Tyler said...

I can't believe it's been 8 years! The cake looks delish!