Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas

I know it is almost February but we have been busy.  I was finally going through pictures of the last couple of months and thought I would post some of our Christmas activities. 

Abigail lost her first tooth at the beginning of December.  She then lost her 2nd tooth, the one right next to it, on Christmas day.  She was very excited about her first visit from the tooth fairy. 


Making Gingerbread men
I have always wanted to make my own gingerbread for either a ginger bread house or men but there are so many things that I want to do during the holidays that it continues to get pushed to next year.  This year was no different.  Plus I saw this cute gingerbread men kit at Costco and since it had 4 "men" in it, it seemed like it was too perfect to pass up.  I think the kids liked the gingerbread men better than the house anyway so hopefully I can continue to find this every year.  



Even Asher got in on the fun and was able to do most of his by himself. LOVE that! And so does he since he  is very independent.  **See that large scrape/bump on his head.  He was throwing a fit about leaving somewhere and I had to be to a meeting so I threw him over my shoulder and started to head to the car.  I found a patch of ice and fell with him, my ipad, and several other things I was trying to carry in my hands right on my butt!  The worst part was that we fell so hard that Asher's head smacked into the pavement.   I tried to hold him so he wouldn't hit but it was so fast.  He seemed to do OK after awhile but when people asked him what happened to his head he kept telling people that I did it to him!! The little stinker forgot that I was carrying him because he was throwing a fit and wouldn't listen!!! :) Plus I was sore for a few days afterwards as well...old people falling is not a good thing.  Even though his looks worse, I think I felt mine longer.

And of course, eating while making them is one of the best parts.  



The Heber Polar Express

Every year Chris's work party is in Salt Lake City so we decided to bring the kids this year and take them to the Polar Express.  We also took their two cousins with us.  Everyone asks us how we liked it and if it was worth the high price.  Before I give you that answer lets take a look at the pictures.  


Here is the train car we were in.  And all the kids are ready in their pajamas to go!





Here is one of the elves. A couple of them sat and talked with my kids for quite awhile which made my kids so happy but I wonder how some of the other people felt. : /


Asher drinking his Hot Chocolate.  They give all the kids name tags at the beginning.  You can see where Asher's ended up.

Dancing in the isles.



Santa finally comes!

He gives a bell to each of the children.

Mrs. Claus hands out her favorite Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. 

OK the verdict.  I hate being negative about it because I think it really depends on your children.  My kids LOVE make believe, they have huge imaginations and they are very outgoing and social (yes, I know they are nothing like Chris or I, I don't know where they get it). :) And my girls are especially positive about life.  So with that being said, they loved it because they usually make the best of things.  Austin was a little old for it and so he didn't love it as much as the three younger ones.  Chris and I on the other hand basically thought "we PAID how much for this?!?!" :)  I won't tell you all the negatives about it because if you do try it, you should go with a positive outlook.  When my kids got off the train, Allison said, "Mom, that was so awesome, we really got to meet Santa's elves and his wife.  We are so lucky!"  That was enough to make it worth it in my book. :)  


Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve we spent with Chris's family because most of Christmas day was spent with my family.  We decorated sugar cookies for Santa and the kids put on a nativity.  Allison drew the part of Mary and Asher drew the part of Joseph. I am not sure what is in the jacket?? But it is supposed to be the baby Jesus and by the look of Allison she is taking her part very seriously. :)


Abigail drew the part of the Angel.

Here are the three wise men...don't they look so wise?




No comments: