Monday, May 4, 2009

Gotta Love Laundry!

I, like most moms hate doing laundry. I go so far as to not buy more clothes then I need because it will just mean I have to do more laundry. I also, yes, I'll admit it, try and wear my clothes twice if I can (if I don't have a kid who has used me as a napkin at some point during the day). It isn't the doing it that WAS the problem it is the folding and putting it away that was the issue. However, as my kids get older I am having a problem with the "doing it" as well. I now have to add another step in the process which I am really dreading; sticking my hands in all my kids sandy little pockets to make sure they have no crayons, rocks, pens, candy, tissue, chapstick (or lip gloss in Allie's situation) and whatever else their little hearts desire to put in their pockets for mom to find (or poor Dad's clothes) when doing laundry.

This is a picture of JUST this weeks menu of goodies. Last week it was crayon! I actually didn't find it...Chris's only good shirt did. :( Sorry, honey!

I remember my mom telling us to check our pockets at one point in our childhood...I don't really remember doing it and for that I am profusely sorry mom! I have tried to keep the lip gloss/chapstick away from the kids but how do you tell a 4 year old girl who keeps it in hand all day (or in her pocket) and puts it on 100 times a day because she thinks it is so shiny and pretty NOT to wear it. Plus I don't buy it for her...her wonderful Aunts do! Thanks guys! :) And what am I supposed to do...outlaw crayons in our house...I think that is against some law! So I guess my only option is to add, yet, one more step to the laundry doing process which will now make me abhor the ENTIRE laundry chore rather then just the folding and putting of it away. Oh well...the things you do for your kids, right?
Oh! and I just had to throw in this picture. This is Abigail's Famous Artwork! This was done with Dry-erase marker which DOES NOT COME OUT! I went online and tried all the tips and tricks and nothing seemed to work. This is another reason I ABHOR laundry!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my! I guess you could just sew everyone's pockets shut!

As for the dry erase markers- they don't come out- I ruined lots of teaching clothes when by leaning againist my white board. Hang in there... someday you can teach them to do their OWN laundry. ;)

Veronica Tyler said...

I stopped washing Mike and my clothes together because his shorts had so many pockets I missed the pen more than once. Then I ruined his brand new cell phone..... Although I don't mind doing laundry I hate ruining things!

Accalia said...

Laundry? What's that? J/K. Laundry takes FOREVER at our house, too. But, my boys haven't discovered their pockets yet (Hyrum has a melt-down if I try to put a tissue in his pocket so he can wipe his nose when needed).