Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not Such a Failure Afterall...


OK...if anyone knows my little Allie, they know she is a little firecracker sometimes...OK, a lot of the time. I sometimes feel like I am failing as a mom because I can't get her to go to Sunbeams or share her toys or help clean her room or be fully potty trained. Don't get me wrong she has some great attributes...she loves to help cook dinner, she eats really well, and she loves to watch TV...lol. Well, she did two things this last week that made me think maybe I am not such a failure after all.

I AM NOT SUCH A FAILURE AFTER ALL EPISODE 1:
Allie usually doesn't take a nap unless she went to bed late one night or got up extra early one morning. One day, when we both desperately needed her to take a nap I put her in her bed, read her a story, sang her a song, shut off her light and mostly closed her door. She seemed to roll over and go right to sleep. After about 20 min. I went up to check on her and peaked my head in the door to see her sitting at her little table with her head down on it. I thought maybe she fell asleep at the table but then I heard, "AMEN!" And she began to pretend eat the pretend food in front of her. Maybe I AM doing something right.

I AM NOT SUCH A FAILURE AFTER ALL EPISODE 2:
This morning I was catching up on some filing and Allie kept bringing me random things like an empty cup, some pieces of trash, some dirty clothes. By the time she got to the clothes I started wondering what she was doing. I thought to myself, "Is she cleaning her room...?" "No...she couldn't be!" So I asked her and she said "Yep!" OH, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love moments like that! They are the best!

Amme said...

It's these moments that keep you going... you have such a great family and fun kids!

You are such a good cook that your kids are crazy to "fire" you! I miss my monthly treats from you... I think I have told you that already!!! Just know it is true...