Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to our Little Sunshine



Allison turns 7 today (or yesterday, since I didn't get this posted in time.) She is an amazing little girl who I love having in our family. We call her our little sunshine because she always seems to find the positive in any situation and seems to make us laugh when we need it most. I am so grateful that she has recently gotten over a little diva spell. I hope it never returns but will hopefully be prepared when it does.
We also call her a tornado because without even r
ealizing what she is doing the girl is so messy! :) She eats messy, plays messy, and always gets something on her clothes. However, she is also a good helper except for sweeping which she likes to pretend she is Cinderella and dances with the broom instead of sweeping with it. She even kisses it like it is Prince Charming. I can't get mad at her because I am usually giggling.
We had her birthday party on Saturday. When I asked her what cake she wanted she said strawberry. I was happy with that since I am trying to keep my life a little more simple lately and so baking a strawberry cake seemed pretty brainless. (Of course, I had to make it from scratch because I can't make my life THAT easy) I made the cake on Tuesday to put in the freezer until Saturday. Abigail was excited and opened the fridge for Allison to see when she got home from school. "Look, Allison! Mom, made you
r cake." Allison looked at it a little dissappointed. I said "what is wrong?" She said she wanted a strawberry cake. I said, that is a strawberry cake. She said no a "real strawberry" cake. As in one that looks like this...


I said, "I am sorry, I didn't realize." She said, "That is OK mom, you can make it for me next year."

This is the cake I actually made. It doesn't look as fancy as the one above but it tasted awesome. If you want a yummy home-made strawberry cake recipe...click here.



Time for presents!
We hesitated on getting her a new bike but she has never had her own bike. She has either had hand-me-downs from her brother or cousins. As soon as she learned to ride a bike without training wheels, I can barely keep her off of one. She wants to ride in the morning before school. It is the first thing she asks to do when she gets home from school. If we go anywhere she asks if we can take her bike in the car with us. The girl LOVES to ride! So we felt like we should get one for her and you can tell by the pictures, she was so happy which, in return, makes mom and dad so happy. :)



1 comment:

Veronica Tyler said...

Complete joy on her face! Way to go with the bike!