Wow, I can't believe my baby is turning two. The old adage "the older we get, the faster time flies," seems to ring more and more true.
Asher is very fun but he is such a handful. He is still the best talker of all my children. He can hold full conversations with people. It is really cute to listen to because he is still very young. He loves getting into trouble. Every time he gets caught in the act of doing something wrong he looks at you, smiles and does it anyway. This scares me and I hope it isn't a sign of things to come. When I tell him to stop doing something he looks at me with those puppy-dog eyes and says "o-tay momma." It always melts my heart. Several of his words sound like swear words so he keeps his siblings and father entertained. He LOVES to be outside and will do anything for us to take him out there. Unfortunately, we are in the very SLOW process of putting concrete around our entire house so there are lots of dangerous tools out there so he doesn't get out much. Every week there is a story to tell of him doing something crazy. Here are a few of the most recent ones that I can remember off the top of my head...
- Dumped out almost an entire gallon of milk and proceeded to splash it around the entire kitchen (see pictures below)
- Tore Austin's scriptures up (see pictures below)
- Flushed some of my expensive make-up down the toilet, got it stuck and Chris had to take the toilet off to fix it
- Flushed a rag, battery and some wrappers down the basement toilet which in turn broke the sump pump and Chris had to clean it out...and that is a very disgusting job and made my whole house smell like the worst poop you have ever smelled!!!
- Has taken up the lovely habit of removing his diaper and spreading whatever happens to be in it all over his bedroom (we spared you the photos)
- Dumped an entire bottle of lime juice on the downstairs couches
- Throwing cups at the people in front of us at church every week. (Having a cup is a double-edged sword...it helps to keep him calm for about 10 minutes but he always throws it when he is done...and he has a really good arm for a two year old and usually doesn't miss hitting the back of someones head...any advice would be much appreciated!)
- Oh, and every time I put a new kid shampoo in the bathroom he dumps it out even when I try to hide it from him or put it up high he still manages to get a hold of it (usually with the help of a sibling) and "make bubbles" in the bathtub.
Nonetheless, he is such a great little kid. He is funny and happy and very cuddly. He is a great sleeper and eater. He makes everyone around him laugh. He is very playful. And I love him!
Although, I should be very upset with Asher I was more upset with Austin for leaving his scriptures IN ASHERS ROOM! HELLO!

This WAS a FULL gallon of milk...just barely opened. But once again, I blame myself for leaving him within reaching distance of it while I went downstairs to get church clothes out for the girls. Chris had just left for his meetings. All alone and nothing else to do...

It took me over a half hour to clean it all up because he had splashed it ALL OVER the kitchen. It was on the couches, the cupboards and even soaked up underneath the glass on the table.

Here is the monster cake I made for his birthday. I thought the monster theme fit him perfectly! :)





3 comments:
Jaxson is loving the pictures of his cake. He says he wants to eat the mouth! Very cute! Sounds like he keeps you hopping. :0)
That cake is seriously great! What a little handful:) I love the fake cry too.
Wow! Where does the time go, seriously! You've got your hands full this this little guy! Good thing he came last and not first, right?
Post a Comment