Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Allison Lost Her First Tooth and Has "The Gift"

You may be wondering what exactly "the gift" is. To fully explain, I have to go back to the early years of Chris's life. When Chris was younger, starting probably in his early teens he had a gift or a talent or maybe some people might say he was persuasive, and if you are a pessimist, you might even call it manipulating. But I call it, "a gift." People loved Chris! And why not, he was (and still is) charming, sincere, kind, genuine, hard-working, romantic, and honest. He says hi to people, always using their name even in restaurants or with cashiers. If they have a name tag on he would look at it and always call them by their name. It usually throws people off a little at first but then they are usually a little nicer, a little happier or a little more confident. When I first met Chris we would go out and we would get free desserts, free movies, movie-rental late fees removed, free pop refills at gas stations, etc. People just liked him because he was a sincerely nice guy and he made people feel like they mattered. We still have gifts that people have given him (mostly girls) like blankets, a watch, a CTR ring. You may wonder why I let him keep them. He actually wanted to get rid of any gifts that he was given by other girls but I know his heart belongs totally to me and so why would I let him get rid of a completely perfect blanket?


Well, I thought this was "a gift" that really belonged to Chris because I have never seen any one get as many things from people as he did. UNTIL, my sweet Allison! Since school started in September, Allison would bring home little "gifts" from school. A toy cell phone, lip gloss, stickers, stuffed animals, a cute little purse. The first time it happened, I took the toy and gave it back to the teacher and said to please give this back to the other child. The next couple of times, I had Austin make sure she gave it back to the other people and tell them that I said she couldn't keep it. I figured that she was asking for these things from them and possibly even stealing or bullying them into giving them to her. Austin said the last time he went with her to give something back, the other child insisted she keep it. Then, on Monday, she came home with a pair of purple dress-up gloves and a pink flowered head band that she said a little boy bought for her. WHAT?!! So, I met with the teacher on Tuesday to ask her to ask the little boy if he really did indeed buy the "gifts" for her. So the teacher talked to him and he DID in fact buy them for her. He said his older brother gave him some money and his mom took him to the store to buy it. So it looks like Allison has inherited the gift from her father. It could be because she inherited his friendliness and sincerity as well. :)


Allison also lost her first tooth this week. She is such a funny girl. A couple of years ago when Austin was losing a lot of his teeth, she was terrified of losing her teeth and would cry every time she thought about it. She actually has what Chris calls a "shark tooth". Her adult tooth was coming in behind the baby tooth.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, my blog is going private so I need your email address to invite you:)

Veronica Tyler said...

Sounds like there's a little boy that fancies her! Its great that she is such a nice girl!