Friday, July 2, 2010

Water Play!

Summer is great! The kids can finally get out of the house and play, play, play! I love how creative they get with anything they do (inside or out). No matter how stressful life seems to get, they always seem to have so much energy and happiness in them. I guess that is one of the many reasons we are supposed to "be like a little child," right? And that is why we have them, to teach us to be better people. I love the little lessons that my children teach me every day about myself. As much as I don't want to sometimes admit my weaknesses, I see them in them and want to quickly change myself so they will change themselves. Wow, this post quickly changed from just plain old pictures to some deep life reflection. But sometimes, I can't help but look at these sweet pictures and their smiling faces and be reminded of how great life is and how much better I want to be. My children make me want to be a better person. Hopefully they make you feel the same way.




Just chillin'. I love how much my kids love each other and are best friends even after they have just yelled at each other. They truly are a great example of forgiveness.


I love this picture of Abigail, even thought I cut off her eyes. She tends to be my more serious adult-like child so when I see her really having fun and smiling it makes me happy.
Allison on the other hand is pure joy. She is constantly a ball of energy and happiness. She finds joy in everything she does and is so imaginative.


Wrapped up like little bugs, drying off. I love capturing moments like this when they aren't looking and posing for the camera but showing just how naturally creative they can be.




It started to get really windy, so here is Allison making a "flag."



1 comment:

Veronica Tyler said...

I so remember drying off on the driveway when I was little...

Grace also says that sure looks like a cute little swimming pool :)