Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching Up!

Here are some of the things we have been up to lately...besides having lots of parties!

Allison holding Asher...her new favorite thing!


Cheer Camp
The local high schools hold a cheer camp for little girls to help raise money for their squads and all the DeMille cousins wanted to do it. I didn't get any great pictures of Allison actually cheering but here she is ready to go. She really liked it and was so cute doing it.

General Conference
This was the first year that we, as a family, sat through, and actually listened to ALL FOUR sessions of general conference. I tried to prepare my kids better before hand. We had an amazing breakfast which will become our family tradition (Sourdough Waffles with Strawberries and Whipped Cream). We moved the couches and set up a table right in front of the TV. We printed out General Conference packets (from sugardoodle.com), made and played with play-doh and had a different snack when ever we heard certain topics (ex: Sacrament - Ants on a log, Forgiveness - mini Butterfingers, Priesthood - popcorn). We designated a "quiet zone" so that they had to be quiet whenever they were in the "zone." I really think that all the advanced preparation I made paid off and hopefully we can keep these new traditions going. I was pretty proud of my kids (and myself :)).

Riding Horses
We had a family home evening at our Bishops house a couple of weeks ago. They own a dozen + horses and allowed our family to ride them. The kids loved it. Chris and I definitely felt a little rusty since it has been over a decade since either of us have been on a horse. They also have lots of other animals that the kids loved playing with...dogs, pigs, rabbits.




Chris and I were busy around the house when we realized that the kids were "too quiet." You know the feeling when you think you are going to find them doing something very wrong. Well, we were wrong. This is what we found...all the kids fell asleep at the bottom of the stairs.

1 comment:

Veronica Tyler said...

I'm impressed, all 4 sessions? I don't think I've ever made it through all 4! Good ideas!